Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pie anyone?



Oh I loved reading all your comments. It really us nice to see what so many of us are thankful for even if it is peace and chocolate! I am an indecisive person and could not choose, how can I choose 1? I so need a helper! Then I can load the "guilt pick" off on to her. So this time I cheated and used the old reliable random number generator and came up with

32

Random numbers generated Nov 17 2009 at 20:2:54 by www.psychicscience.org.

Sandi you are number 32 so send me an email so I can get you the hook up :)

Not much else going on here. Doing tons of housework to play catch up from the past few months and the local charities will love me for it. I finally gave up on the fact that some of my favorite jeans "pre pregnancy" would just never work. I am much to "hippy" and no matter what I do it comes down to genetics, darn science! But I must say how wonderful it feels to clean the closets! So refreshing and new and I can actually see what I have in there. And since I did mine why not the hubs and the girls and so on and now I have piles everywhere.

Back to business :) back order items will be in most likely Friday which makes me a busy bee Friday night and early Saturday. I will do everything I can to get them to you asap with turkey day coming. Same goes for tees for those of you that got back to me.

Off to find a fabulous pie recipe. I don't bake and have never baked a pie a day in my life - at least a fresh one does frozen count? My family is having a pie baking contest on the night before thanksgiving and they don't mess around, they are gourmet all the way Julia Childs and all. If you have a great one to share please do as I need all the help I can get!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Pie Recipe: Drive to local bakery and buy pie. Take pie out of store-bought container and ease into your own backing dish at home. Throw all trash/evidence away. Warm in oven. Smile and serve...win blue ribbon. ;o)

Kay said...

Grandma Ruth's Apple Pie
Ingredients

* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
***I use the Pillsbury Pie crust, I can not to save the life of me make a pie crust from scratch! Really good with Haagen Daz Cinnamon Caramel ice cream.

Michelle said...

Congrats! Congrats! So nice to see a familiar face win it. Woohooo!